- Problems Starting the Engine. One of the most common symptoms of a clogged fuel injector is difficulty starting the engine, or the engine not starting at all. …
- Difficulty Accelerating. …
- Difficulty Idling. …
- Poor Fuel Economy.
Engine performance is significantly affected when fuel injectors fail. The fuel injectors are responsible for delivering fuel to the engine of your car, truck or automobile. So obviously, when the fuel injection system fails, the engine fails. The reasons fuel injectors fail vary, but here are five of the most common problems with fuel injectors.
- An abrupt loss of engine power is a somewhat obvious sign of a fuel injector failure. If the fuel injector is clogged, the fuel supply will be irregular too. When the fuel level fluctuates drastically, the high and low rpm’s will cause the engine to move in surges rather than slow and gradual movements.
- If a clogged fuel injector continually struggles to disperse fuel to the engine, a time will come when it misses the fuel supply completely and the engine will misfire. The misfire will easily be felt while driving, and often requires immediate repair by trained automotive repair specialists. As the engine misfires, the engine can quickly overheat and pre-ignite the fuel mixture.
- A damaged fuel injector will not only causes issues with driving, but the effects will persist even as the engine idles. Instead of a smooth engine idle, it will be rough and irregular when the fuel supply is abrupt.
- Reduced fuel efficiency is another signal of a damaged fuel injector. Such damage can cause fuel to be wasted by leaking from the body or by supplying excessive fuel when the internal springs are damaged.
If you suspect you have a damaged fuel injector, or suspect the fuel injectors may be failing, contact the trained technicians at Auto Xpat Automotive Clinic today.08024245543