Thank God it’s Friday!
Tonight a lot of people will be going out either to the club or church . we have got you covered with our safety tips for your night driving.
- Get your vision checked regularly. Some drivers may be able to read street signs clearly during the day but the cover of darkness may hinder your visibility.
- Try anti-glare lenses. If you wear glasses, this can reduce strain from exterior lights.
- Keep headlights clean and bright. Dim bulbs or cloudy covers can reduce visibility.
- Avert your eyes from oncoming traffic. This will prevent the temporary blindness that comes from your eyes trying to adjust to the bright lights.
- Keep your windshield clean. Sometimes dust can accumulate on the inside of your windshield that you may not notice during the day. This dust can catch the light from oncoming cars’ headlights and make it difficult for you to see.
- Dim the lights on your dash. Bright interior lights can hinder your visibility of things outside your vehicle.
- Stay calm by listening to a book or your favorite music
- Reduce your speed.
- Stay alert and drive use defensive driving techniques.
- Avoid using your phone or other distracting behavior
Driving Under the Influence
Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol is unsafe to get behind the wheel. The risk of sharing the road with an impaired driver increases at night as people are leaving restaurants a, bars and clubs.
Always be vigilant for impaired drivers, and NEVER get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking.